SAP released cross applications concept from SAP R/3 3.0 release, the purpose is to support sap application developments across different SAP and NON-SAP systems.
Advantages of SAP Cross Applications
- Exchange of business data between different systems.
- Allows secure data transfer between SAP to NON-SAP systems.
- Business friendly architecture with multiple systems .
Components of SAP Cross applications.
- ALE(Application Link Enabling).
- BAPI(Business Application Programming Interface).
- EDI(Electronic Data Interchange).
- RFC(Remote Function Call).