SAP Web Technologies and Introduction to Web Dynpro ABAP
Below are the some of the SAP Web Technologies
- SAP ITS (Internet Transaction Server) is a stand alone server introduced by SAP in 1990's, it is an HTML based GUI and HTML based applications, it has it's won limitations
- SAP Web Dynpro JAVA is the SAP standard UI framework for developing Web applications in the SAP NetWeaver JAVA environment. It consists of a run-time environment and a graphical development environment with special Web Dynpro tools that are integrated in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS).
- Web Dynpro ABAP Web Dynpro ABAP is the SAP standard UI technology for developing Web applications in the ABAP environment. It consists of a run-time environment and a graphical development environment with special Web Dynpro tools that are integrated in the ABAP Workbench.
- Web Dynpro is a new SAP programming model to develop SAP web based applications.
- Web dynpro is delivered in 2 languages.
- Web Dynpro ABAP and Web Dynpro Java.
- Web Dynpro ABAP is released from SAP ECC 6.0.
|Web Dynpro ABAP||Web Dynpro JAVA|
|Uses ABAP as programming language.||Uses JAVA as a programming language|
|Uses ABAP stack for executing web dynpro ABAP objects.||Uses JAVA stack for executing web dynpro JAVA objects.|
|Uses ABAP workbench (SE80) for designing web dynpro ABAP applications.||Uses NWDS (Net-weaver Developer Studio) for designing web dynpro JAVA applications.|
|Supports ALV, select-options etc||Dosen`t support ALV, select-options.|
|Not highly developed language.||It is a Highly developed language.|
What are the advantages of SAP Web Dynpro ABAP
- Declarative and graphical tools minimize the implementation effort
- Strict separation between layout and business data using MVC
- Reuse and better maintainability through use of components
- Data binding enables automatic data transport
- Automatic input checks
- Full integration into established ABAP development environment