Include Programs :
- These are sub-programs which contains a set of re-usable statements .
- These programs can not be executed directly.
- These include programs must be embedded inside a main program for execution.
- These programs dosen`t contain parameter interface, that is no importing and exporting parameters.
Syntax : INCLUDE
Example of using include programs :
TYPES : BEGIN OF TY_MARA, MATNR TYPE MARA-MATNR, MTART TYPE MARA-MTART, MEINS TYPE MARA-MEINS, MBRSH TYPE MARA-MBRSH, END OF TY_MARA.
DATA : IT_MARA TYPE TABLE OF TY_MARA. DATA : WA_MARA TYPE TY_MARA. SELECT MATNR, MTART, MEINS, MBRSH FROM MARA INTO TABLE IT_MATA. LOOP AT IT_MARA INTO WA_MARA . WRITE :/ WA_MARA-MATNR, WA_MARA-MTART, WA_MARA-MEINS, WA_MARA-MTART. ENDLOOP.
To make the above program with includes, follow below steps.
INCLUDE ZDATA_DECLERATIONS . "DOUBLE CLICK ON ZDATA_DECLERATIONS AND CREATE A INCLUDE AND ADD DATA DECLERATIONS AND ACTIVATE INCLUDE ZMAIN_LOGIC. " DOUBLE CLICK ON ZMAIN_LOGIC , CREATE A INCLUDE AND ADD THE REMAINING LOGIC (FROM SELECT....TO ....ENDLOOP).
- These are also sub-programs which contains set of reusable statements for better readability and re-usability .
- Function modules contains parameter interface, that is importing and exporting parameters.
- These Function Modules can be executed independently .
- Function modules contains exceptions to catch certain type of errors.
Examples for Function Modules are : GUI_DOWNLOAD, GUI_UPLOAD.
T-code for Function Module explorer is SE37 .
In our next chapters we will learn how to create and use a function module Creating Function Modules in SAP ABAP
Sub-routines in SAP ABAP.
- Sub-routines are also sub-programs in SAP ABAP which contains certain re-usable statements.
- Most of the times we use sub-routines for re-usability inside the program.
- We may use sub-routines for external re-usability.
- These sub-routines contains importing and exporting parameters .
Syntax : **DEFINING SUBROUTINE PERFORM
USING CHANGING TABLES . **IMPLEMENTING SUBROUTINE FORM USING CHANGING TABLES . ENDFORM. **IN THE ABOVE SYNTAX AND ARE ACTUAL PARAMETERS AND ARE FORMAL PARAMETERS
We will learn creating and using sub-routines in next chapters Using subroutines in SAP ABAP
Using Classes in SAP ABAP
- Classes are Object Oriented implementations of SAP ABAP.
- Classes are used for better re-usability.
We will learn Object Oriented ABAP in next course Using Classes in SAP ABAP