Below are the most common and best programming standards for developing ABAP applications.
- When reading data from database table, never use SELECT *, always use select with list of fields.
- Always specify key fields in where conditions of SELECT statements, because these will have primary index.
- Sometimes we may need to use non-key fields in where conditions of SELECT statements, in that case create secondary indexes and use.
- Never use select with corresponding in SELECT statements.
- Always use read table with binary search and make you have sorted the internal table in ascending order before using read table binary search.
- Never use select joins for more than 3 tables.
- Always use select for all entries for more than 3 tables.
- Always check whether the parent internal table is initial or not before using for all entries.
- Never use nested loops, instead use parallel cursor .
- Never use select statements inside loops, instead use for all entries.
Also read performance truing in SAP ABAP programming
, binary search mechanism in SAP ABAP
Was this lesson helpful to you? Yes No 56 People out of 58 think this lesson helpful